I hope that this message finds you and your family in good health. These last few months have been life altering for all us, but especially our local businesses. As a local businessman myself, with decades of experience and a successful record of spearheading county initiatives which support local businesses countywide, I recognize that wise decisions will need to occur in order to support our local economy.
However, the work of county is continuing. In light of these uncertain times, this work remains as important as ever. County Commissioners are committed to still hold our weekly commission meetings. I have been joining in on calls with Governor DeSantis’ Re-open Florida Task Force, FEMA, as well as The White House Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.
As your Commissioner, I will continue to protect our families, local businesses, our lagoon, and our incredible quality of life. During these unprecedented times experience does matter. Indian River County residents deserves leadership that they can count on. My record is solid. A sampling of my accomplishments include but are not limited to the following:
Protected Families and Businesses through Job Creation, Tax and Utility Savings Efforts
- Remained steadfast in supporting sale of Vero Beach Electric to FP&L to lower electric bills
- Proposed county facilities transition to natural gas to save tax dollars
- Voted “NO” to raise impact fees
- Worked with Vero Beach Mayor Harry Howle to help move forward the U.S. Customs facilities to the Vero Beach Airport.
- Saved valuable jobs with Girard Equipment from moving out of county through effective collaboration with owner, Tim Girard, 2017 Entrepreneur of the Year.
- Successfully worked with long standing family owned boat company to stay in IRC and not move jobs to Georgia.
Protected the Indian River Lagoon
- Initiated the Bethel Creek Phase I flushing study
- Developed ongoing communications with Harbor Branch and have successfully hosted Lagoon and community outreach forums
- Brought forwarded to BCC to join the Indian River Lagoon Council and preserving Oslo Boat ramp
- Worked with State Representative Thad Altman for state funds to study Bethel Creek.
Protected Quality of Life
- Brought sense of urgency to the BCC to agree to hold regularly scheduled meetings to explore Workforce/Affordable Housing solutions
- Voted “YES” for Boys & Girls Club and St. Francis Manor land lease
- Working with nonprofits to bring about awareness of human trafficking and foster care education forums
I am deeply committed to my work as one of your County Commissioners. As always, please contact me at if you have any questions.